Who we are:
Here's the deal, Compass Church cares about one thing more than anything else, Jesus Christ. Compass is a family of individuals that have found hope in Jesus. Therefore, we seek His presence every time we gather. We believe the presence of Jesus is the only transformative thing in the universe: His presence transforms our hearts, lives, homes, families, jobs, cities, nation, and world.
Where we come from:
Compass Church has grown from the rich heritage of generations of believers committed to preaching the gospel and serving our community, for the past six decades. The steadfast focus on seeing lives changed through the message and hope of Jesus Christ has never wavered. Today, Compass Church is a healthy, Christ-centered, non-denominational, multi-generational, Bible-teaching, Spirit following church that is dedicated to seeking Jesus and the hope and healing only He can bring to the people of Roswell and the Pecos Valley.
Where we're headed:
The mission of Compass Church follows the four points of the compass:
SEEK: we seek the presence of Jesus above all else, our True North
- we enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise
- we seek a relationship with Him through prayer
- we agree with who He is through worship
- we agree with what He wants to do by interceding
ENGAGE: we love others as Jesus loves them
- eat together
- play together
- learn together
- serve together
- mourn together
- celebrate together
- heal together
- love our neighbors together
DISCIPLE: as we go into the world, we will make disciples of Jesus
- at home
- in the community
- at church
- we teach those who follow Jesus to do what He did
RECEIVE: we wait on the Lord and listen for His voice
- we weigh all our decisions based on what the written Word of God says
- we see the written Word as a way to know the One behind the writings
- we wait and listen for revelations from God
- we stay when He says stay and move when He says move
What this means for you:
You're always welcome at Compass Church. We're saving a seat for you. Wherever you are in your faith journey, you will always be welcomed and accepted. We want to lift Jesus up as we seek Him, so all people will be drawn to Him. We want you to join us in this pursuit.
If you're ready to plan your first visit, click here. If you want to learn more about our beliefs as a church, click here. Or if you'd simply like to get in touch with one of our leaders directly, click the button below.